Case Study: Vospers BI Solution
"RWA’s industry knowledge together with their analytical skills have been instrumental to delivering a level of information to our business that was not previously possible. Rather than delivering a one size fits all solution, they are delivering KPI & actionable views to each level of the organisation so that management can meet the industry challenges head-on with a coherent and embedded “one version of the truth” across all levels of the business.”- Nick Vosper, Managing Director, Vospers - Testimonial
Like other multi-site, multi-franchise auto dealers, Vospers found data was difficult to extract from their CDK DMS and consequently information resided in many different custom reports and spreadsheets. This required a major collation effort from the accounts and management function which inevitably meant that information was not always to hand when required and not all bases could be consistently covered. Their requirement was to bring all this data together into one place so that they could have executive dashboards that were drillable by outlet, franchise for new cars, used cars, parts and service. They also required information and reports to be disseminated automatically to each manager, based on their job role. After extensive market research, Vospers concluded RWA’s secure cloud solution ticked all the boxes at an affordable price.
RWA in partnership with Vospers installed a cloud based Business Intelligence solution that extracts data from the DMS, Budgets, OEM’s and other third parties then presents KPI’s and actionable information measuring performance levels by location, department, and even down to team member level.
Key insights include:
- Drillable Executive Dashboards showing all major KPI’s.
- Daily & Weekly Branch KPI tracking & action reports.
- Continuous oversight of performance against manufacturer objectives with
- what if’s.
- DOC (Daily Operating Controls) showing sales, upsells, enquiries and
- prospecting against targeted activity.
- Full analysis of vehicle stock by age, payment terms, likely profitability.
- Salesperson and management views on Sales, GPU, upsell, financing /
- insurance and showroom activity.
- Trade Partner parts analysis showing profitability & geolocations/van routes.
- Parts stock analysis based on overstocks and target achievement.
- Workshop performance metrics.
- Exception reporting based on aged WIPs, parts not located, RTS codes.
- Technician, Parts/Service Advisor views based on their activity levels.
“We knew as soon as we met the management team in Hinckley that we had the making of a partnership that will become one of the best data driven dealer groups in the UK. We were impressed with their business and how well they were already doing. They had an acquisition lined up which we believe we will help them integrate seamlessly into their growing group.”- Conall Lavery - Co Founder & CEO, Real World Analytics
Established in 1946, Vospers is a multisite, family owned, AM 100 dealer group operating with 11 different franchises across Devon and Cornwall.
The company employs over 700 staff, has a turnover in excess of £250 million and has won numerous awards for excellence in customer satisfaction & performance.
- Much greater transparency and accountability across all levels.
- Ability to continuously focus on performances levels by Person / Brand / Site.
- Realign management and staff roles based on much better information quality.
- Switching from collation effort to thinking time to take strategic actions.
- More consistent achievement against targets driving better results.